There are so many things to touch on;
Not knowing where to start from, issues are never ending,
so many of us need to come to an understanding of this.
In so many religious accounts of the creation of sex (man, woman) the man is labelled as the carrier of burden, the worker, the grafter and the earner. When I was younger I was taught this actually was the woman, everyone in and surrounding my life seemed to ooze independence. This in itself was a bitter sweet experience because as much as the need to appreciate the strength of the woman is real and prevalent I can't help to feel like this placed a label on me.
Sometimes I feel as though being prepped for when the man fails. Being prepped for when the time comes that one will need to erase the remains of what was ever the committed support of a man.
I think about the course of my young life, the closed minded arguments and views that I carried in my heart genuinely believing and I wonder how many other women out there are like me.
Discovering that being strong doesn't necessarily mean arming yourself with walls tall enough to keep out the possibility of hurt of pain and if this is how life as always been, how could you ever love, whole heartedly and givingly when constantly in a battle with possibility ?
When you scream passionately and supportingly about close minded perspectives on the idea of feminism what are you arguing for ?
It maybe because when once young and open, you were branded, labelled by circumstance and by experience before even having a chance to explore this.
So when you argue swearing to not be like bitter population.
When you argue swearing that you have grown from experience.
It's actually a cry out of the desire to live unbranded, unlabelled and open.
There was once a time I touched my womb believing my strength, independence, experience would make me a great teacher to my offspring, but sometimes I feel like it would be hard to teach without labelling my daughters.
And what of my sons ? How do I teach them to be something I never was. When I have only perceived life as I am, woman in all my ways.
They say 'We become mothers in the womb of our mothers'..
In our bosoms we carry natures call..
Quenching the thirst of the soil, that the land may multiply..
Self-cleansed milk leaking out of sore nips into pursed lips whilst
nursing bloodied thighs and cracked hips..
We become mothers in the womb of our mothers.. even before life shows us what woman is..
Imagine being the nest of 6 million eggs..
Before even learning what woman is.
Whilst still learning how to survive in this thing called life,
Yet to exercise instruments of breath
But on the tree of life,my body is the branch, my uterus, the nest.
See I was destined to be a mother since the day of conception,
How do I then teach my seeds what a father is?
No comments:
Post a Comment